Contracting and fit out specialists Linear Group have announced that their turnover grew to £73m in 2021 as the business increased its workforce to 151 across three offices in Scotland and the North of England. Looking ahead to 2022, the Group has revealed a strong forward order book which is set to increase turnover a further £12m to £85m.
Alongside the impressive financial results, the business successfully launched a new division, Linear Building Compliance, dedicated to delivering solutions for fire, acoustic and compartmentation through its expert team. Additionally, the Group successfully integrated Kyle Management Consultants into its structure with the creation of Linear Fire Safety at the start of 2021.
With a strong commitment to growth and investment, three new office deals were finalised, with a new state of the art Scottish HQ at Maxim Park Eurocentral, a new operation in Rotherham and a move to Altrincham for the North West of England team.
Commenting on the past year and the business outlook, Stephen Holmes, CEO, Linear Group, said, “Whilst 2021 was not without its challenges for the Group, it provided a broad array of opportunities which we’ve grasped with vigour and enthusiasm. The current strong position of the business is testament to the team and their ability to consistently deliver first class outcomes for our clients, as well as ensuring effective conversion of growth opportunities to drive our ambitions.
I am hugely proud of how everyone has adapted over the past 12 months and these results truly speak for themselves. We have plenty more to go after in 2022 and already have exciting plans in the pipeline, including the launch of our own residential property business, so I cannot wait to see the team excel even further and our growth continue in the coming year.”
Throughout the year, a number of key projects have contributed to the shape of the Group success, including:
- Secured the contract for Royal Sussex County Hospital’s 3Ts redevelopment programme in Brighton, cementing an ongoing relationship with Laing O’Rourke and further demonstrating the team’s healthcare expertise and national coverage.
- Recently completed project to fit out Barclay’s Bank new Scottish HQ in Glasgow, involving multiple highly specified packages including acoustic treatment.
- Completed work on the much anticipated Edinburgh St James Quarter project, undertaking a range of contracts including commercial, residential, hotel and leisure work for Laing O’Rourke
- Worked with Multiplex to further support the development of Glasgow University to ensure world leading educational facilities on Campus
- Supported remedial works at Royal Liverpool University Hospital
- Secured first contract with Wates Construction to deliver multiple packages on Sands Leisure Centre, Carlisle.
Linear Design & Construct
- Following excellent performance on KPMG Aberdeen project, awarded Glasgow and Leeds contracts through direct negotiation
- Secured full refurbishment and new build extension of the Chivas Brothers Leven Office at their Kilmalid site in Dumbarton
- Won contract for iconic 92-100 Buchanan Street in Glasgow city centre to undertake interior and exterior refurbishment work
- Secured place on the Hub West Framework
- Undertook conversion of existing office space at Paragon House in Old Trafford, Manchester into 115 high quality apartments
- Created Hilti’s regional logistics hub at Carrington Gateway, Greater Manchester
- At Essa Academy in Bolton, created a new student lab space in a pupil live environment and installed a new feature staircase to allow the school to circulate and connect better