A new and refreshed FIS Awards competition for the finishes and interiors sector has been revealed for 2016. The new-look awards will be held in London’s Mayfair in June next year.
Entries are now being sought from contractor members for the 2016 FIS Awards, which are presented annually to promote and encourage high levels of craftsmanship in the finishes and interiors sector. The FIS Awards combine the FPDC Plaisterers’ Awards and AIS Contractors Awards.
2016 Award categories:
- Interior Fit Out (up to £1,000,000 and over £1,000,000)
- Suspended Ceilings
- Drywall Construction – Residential
- Drywall Construction – Commercial (Roger Measom Trophy
- Steel Framed Systems (SFS)
- Plastering (Humber Salver and Crabb Trophy)
- Fibrous and GRG (Humber Salver and Crabb Salver)
- Specialist Joinery
- Operable Walls
- Judges’ Award (for projects not covered by the other categories)
- Project of the Year (selected by FIS judges from the winners of all categories)
Each contract entered for the awards will be visited by two FIS Awards judges, and the architect or interior designer of the winning contracts will also receive an award. Awards will be presented at the FIS Awards Lunch, to be held at the Dorchester Hotel in June 2016.