The restoration of a Grade 1 listed building and a contemporary commercial scheme demonstrating exceptional skills were among the winners of this year’s Plaisterers’ Awards that were announced at the awards luncheon in the City of London.
More than 300 industry leaders attended the glittering prize-giving ceremony at the prestigious Plaisterers’ Hall in the City of London on 3 February. Now in its 46th year, the Plaisterers’ Awards are organised by AIS FPDC and recognise best practice and high standards of workmanship within the drywall, plastering and screeding sectors.
Sean Wheatley won the Internal Plastering category for his work during the restoration of Sydenham House in Devon, a Grade I listed building, built between 1600 and 1612, which was devastated by fire in November 2012. Sean Wheatley Plastering Specialists were contracted to reinstate the principal staircase ceilings in the east and west bays.
The winner of the Drylining under £1m category was Measom Dryline for its work at The Banking Hall, a new 13,000m² office development in the City of London. Judges commented the work demonstrated the contractor’s ability to produce high quality work, pointing out that the jointing in all the areas was exceptional and that the general standard of all finishes extremely high.
Individual winners were chosen in eight separate categories from a total of 40 contracts that were shortlisted. The winning contractors at this year’s AIS FPDC Plaisterers’ Awards were:
- Fibrous & GRG Heritage, sponsored by CCF: Hayles & Howe Ltd for its work at the Dominion Theatre, London.
- Fibrous & GRG New build, sponsored by CCF: SCS Building Solutions for its work at Manchester Town Hall.
- Plastering External, sponsored by CCF: Stanmore Contractors Ltd for its work at Bexley College, Kent.
- Plastering Internal, sponsored by CCF: Sean Wheatley Plastering Specialists for its work at Sydenham House, Devon.
- Steel Framed Systems, sponsored by Hilti: Stanmore Contractors Ltd for its work at 21 Wapping Lane, London.
- Drylining Residential, sponsored by SIG Insulation & Interiors: MACS Plasterboard Systems Ltd for its work at Sceptre Gate, Berkshire.
- Drylining Commercial contract over £1m, sponsored by SIG Insulation & Interiors: Errigal Contracts Ltd for its work at University College Dublin Science Centre, Dublin.
- Drylining Commercial contract under £1m, sponsored by SIG Insulation & Interiors: Measom Dryline Ltd for its work at The Banking Hall 8-10 Moorgate, London.