An FPDC member has reported a recent and potentially serious incident involving a head track failure.
An incident occurred recently where a section of head track fell 4 metres after installation; nobody was hurt but a fatal accident could easily have resulted. The head track was not fixed correctly and shots had not reached the full embedment levels.
It is important to remember the following when using shot fire cartridges:
1. Always ensure access allows the fixing to be driven in square.
2. Always ensure you know what power setting is needed for the gun
3. Always ensure your gun is in good condition
4. Always use the right colour cartridge for the task in hand
5. Always work to the design you are given.
For more information contact FPDC’s technical team on 020 7634 9480