Rockfon Lamella was awarded Product Innovation of the Year in the Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment category of the Finishes & Interiors Sector Innovation Awards 2023. It is on show at Rockfon’s new showroom at 4th Floor, 140-142 St John’s Street, London EC1V 4UB.
Rockfon Lamella is a modular slatted wood acoustic wall system, launched in February 2023. Combining the warmth and beauty of wood with a charcoal stone wool sound-absorbent panel, Rockfon Lamella creates a serene and inviting environment inspired by the biophilic design trend. Nigel Watkins, Commercial Sales Director for Rockfon shares that “The feedback we’ve had from customers is that the combination of a stone wool sound absorbent panel with biophilic wood makes interiors feel calm and connected to nature.”
Visitors to the showroom will see how Rockfon and office furniture manufacturer, Wiesner-Hager have used their products to demonstrate how to create ‘closed’ private spaces in an open plan workspace environment. It has practical ideas to help designers to promote a feeling of openness while creating the opportunity for variety in scale, intimacy and the type of work done. Rockfon showcases how it’s acoustic solutions – wall panels, islands, baffles and hanging dividers – can be used to control noise, including five new products launched in February 2023.
During Clerkenwell Design Week, Rockfon is hosting two panel discussions
- Panel discussion: When will the reuse of building materials in projects become mainstream?
- Time: 2-3pm on 24 May
- Four panellists are Asif Din, Sustainability Director at Perkins & Will, James Shears, Environmental & Sustainability Manager at Overbury, Ross Dight, Technical and Sustainability Director at Tarkett and Laura Wiesner, CEO of Wiesner Hager
- Book by registering at https://www.soundsbeautiful.com/cdw-circular-construction
- Panel discussion: Is the noisy restaurant phenomenon out of control?
- Time: 2-3pm on 25 May
- Four panellists are Richard Grove, Director at Inhabit, Keith Somers, Head of Design & Product at Lioncor, Claire Gallagher, Food Industry Consultant and Joe Cillia, Technical Director of the Finishes and Interiors Sector organisation
- Book by registering at https://www.soundsbeautiful.com/cdw-panel-discussion-restaurants