There will be a number of changes to the CITB Grants Scheme for 2013/2014 including a new exceptional training grant for companies that have claimed grant in the last two years.
CITB-registered companies that have received grant in both the 2012/13 and 2013/14 Grants Scheme years will receive a minimum payment of £250, which could rise to 12% – 15% of grants received for companies that have claimed more grant. The new exceptional training grant scheme, which is worth a total of £15 million, will run for two years with one payment in winter 2013 based on claims from 2012/13 and a further payment in winter 2014 based on claims from 2013/14. Companies should claim grant for any eligible training completed during the last year prior to 31 October 2013 in order to receive the maximum amount.
There will also be the following changes to grants in the new Grants Scheme year which starts on 1 August 2013:
• Re-introduction of the half-day short duration (3 hours) training grant of £25
• 1-day short duration (6 hours or more) training grant will continue at the increased rate of £50 until 31 July 2014
• A slight increase in the minimum grant for attendance at professional and technical courses, including NEBOSH and VQ Level, to £50 per day (up to a maximum of £1,750)
• A slight decrease in the attendance grant for SSP courses to £50 per day
• Construction Contextualised Institute of Leadership and Management (C-ILM) qualifications are now available, which will have an attendance grant of £50 per day and achievement grant of £400
• The achievement grant for VQ level 4 or above will decrease to £400
• A premium of £210 (total of £610) is available for plant-related VQs for the first 10,000 claims
The Supplementary Payment of 22% will continue to be available to companies that submit their levy on time and pay in full or by monthly direct debit.
Companies are required to submit their levy return to CITB by 31 July 2013 to ensure eligibility for grants in 2013/14. If the return is not received by 31 December 2013, the company will forfeit eligibility to all grant payments during the Grants Scheme year.