GAI / FIS / NBS members are being invited to attend two free webinars on 5 and 6 September 2023 to receive an update on the progress of the Building Safety Act implementation programme and learn about the changes they should expect in the coming months.
Join FireDNA’s “All buildings, all builders – an essential guide to the widespread impacts of the new building safety regime” webinar to hear Dame Judith Hackitt’s thoughts on industry progress to date and the future of fire safety.
She will also be providing an update on the number of buildings that have been registered with the Building Safety Regulator (BSR) so far as part of new requirements placed on the Principal Accountable Person under the Higher-Risk Buildings Regulations 2023.
Our technical manager, Douglas Masterson / innovation director, Dr Stephen Hamil / CEO, Iain McIlwee will also be joining the panel on Wednesday 6 September.
Both sessions will be chaired by Hannah Carpenter, senior account director at LMC, and will consist of short presentations followed by a live Q&A discussion.
10:00-12:30, Tuesday 5 September
· Keynote: Dame Judith Hackitt · Ben Oram, head of technical at Buckley Gray Yeoman · Ben Blackwood, head of on-site design at Ballymore Asset Management Ltd
· Industry progress and an update on the number of buildings registered with the Building Safety Regulator
· The impact of the Building Safety Act on the different parts of the supply chain
· Expected changes in the next 18 months
· How existing projects are changing in line with legislation
10:00-12:30, Wednesday 6 September
Speakers: · Keynote: Hanna Clarke, digital and policy manager at the Construction Products Association (CPA) · Douglas Masterson, technical manager at Guild of Architectural Ironmongers (GAI) · Iain McIlwee, chief executive at The Finishes and Interiors Sector (FIS) · Will Hunnam, managing director of Forza Doors · Dr Stephen Hamil, innovation director at National Building Specification (NBS)
· Construction products and the competency of those working with life safety products
· How the industry ensures product information is accurately recorded and transferred
· How product information is managed throughout the lifecycle of a building
· A look into third-party certification
· The challenges organisations are experiencing in implementing the Building Safety Act
These webinars are being hosted by FireDNA in association with the NBS, FIS and GAI.
Register your free space on the webinar: https://www.fire-dna.com/webinar/